Hillman is conveniently centrally located between Northeastern Michigan's industrial centers. Alpena is just 22 miles to the east, and Gaylord is 45 miles west, both directly accessible via highway M-32. Cheboygan is a 55 mile drive, and Detroit and Grand Rapids are both just over 200 miles away.
- From Alpena, take M-32 West 22 miles to Hillman.
- From Gaylord, take M-32 East 45 miles to Hillman.
- From Rogers City, take County Road 451 through Hawks to Hillman.
- From southern Michigan, take I-75 to the Alger exit (202), M-33 to junction with M-32, and take that east 10 miles to Hillman. (230 miles from Detroit.)
- At Hillman, take Veterans Memorial Highway or State Street to the park along the hill south of downtown.